Exploring the world of Instagram; negating the concept of social stalking
Just visualize that you are taking light sips of strong coffee while looking at dark patches of clouds from the terrace of your condominium located on a higher floor in one of the skyscrapers of London! Nature is preparing for the rain and you are taking some wonderful photographs of the scenic beauty. You immediately post these memorable photos to your Instagram and your followers start having gossips with you. You find yourself as people recognize you in different parts of the world. This is the power of Instagram that gives you a connected style and unlimited reach to the outer world.
Once you are done with the posting process, only one thing might strike your mind and that is how you can see who views your Instagram posts. Psychologically, man is curious and just wants to know who intends to interact with him in both the physical and virtual worlds. Let’s explore how to see who views your Instagram profile, though it is not one of the basic and advanced features of Instagram!
Instagram sets a differentiated social media stage
Since Kevin Systrom – Known as the father of Instagram – launched the photo and video sharing App in 2010, people started using Instagram. Today, more than one billion users are actively associated with the Instagram platform across the globe. It has now become an empowered social media setup that brings people together from around the world mainly for two purposes:
- Social interaction through content sharing
- Commercial interaction for marketing outreach
How concerned is the modern user about Instagram?
Around 50 countries of the world are using Instagram with its full features. As per Statista, the following points highlight the popularity of Instagram worldwide.
- 130 million users in the USA have active accounts on Instagram
- India and Brazil have 100 million and 92 million active audiences on Instagram
- The United Kingdom stands at 27 million Instagram users
It has therefore become the biggest concern of the users to respond to the question ‘who is looking at my Instagram’ or ‘who viewed my Instagram’ over time. This is perhaps essential to undermine the roots of Instagram stalking.
Highpoints of who viewed your Instagram profile online
Though there is no standard principle to having full knowledge of how to know who sees your Instagram profile, a few parameters help you understand Instagram statistics.
- Instagram insight, to some extent, answers the question ‘who viewed my Instagram profile online? However, Instagram insights are available only on business accounts and mobile apps.
- Under every posted photo and video on Instagram, you find the number of likes for that particular post. By clicking on this specific number, Instagram shows a list of the users who like your post.
- Tracking your Instagram visitors is a challenging job, however Business Instagram allows you to see who viewed your profile during the week. But knowing about the people who view your Instagram profile without following you is a tough task.
- A few embedded applications claim that using these Apps would let you know, analyze and explore insights into your genuine followers, ghost followers, frequent visitors, and the people who stalk you on Instagram and save your videos or photographs.
- Can you see who views your Instagram story? Simply, open your story and swipe up on the screen. There, you would see the usernames of the people who viewed your story. For stories older than 48 hours, you are required to go to the Instagram archives.
- Can you see who saved your Instagram post? Do not think much about it! The simple solution has been published in the Mirror UK. You are required to switch to Instagram Business Account. Follow an easy step-by-step process to see who saved your Instagram posts.
- Go to the Instagram Settings
- Tap the ‘Switch to Business Profile’ icon
- You will be connected to the FB Business Page
- Supply your basic information
- Check who saved your pictures by clicking the View Insight tab
Instagram uses PostgreSQL and Cassandra for global data storage. These databases are quite secure. "Can I check who viewed my Instagram profile?" is a common question these days. People actually want to know who knows them in the far-flung world. You cannot stop others from deeply studying your Instagram profile for gathering information about you. This gives birth to the concept of Instagram stalking: the procedural act of locating a person on social media without following and visiting his or her profile content again and again for some definite reason which may include any of the following.
- If you are a celebrity, Instagram stalkers may track you like your fans
- Someone might fall in love with you upon seeing your face and body appropriateness
- Social media stalking could be used to gather your information for some act of social engineering
Who stalks my Instagram? Well, it is fair enough to first know what stalk means on Instagram. Healthy stalking could be tolerated, but crafty stalking on social media platforms must be communicated to the officials of Instagram and other relevant authorities.
Stay conscious of the fact that people use Instagram stalker websites to access your public photos and other content even without signing in to the Instagram app. All you can do is set your privacy appropriately to avoid some bad happenstances on social media.
Instagram invigorates the selfie-culture
The audience aged 16 to 35 years takes most selfies. As per Google statistics, around 100 million people take at least one selfie daily. The biggest portion of these selfies is taken to post on the Instagram account. Since Instagram is considered to be the most compatible photograph-sharing tool, everyone is curious about how to tell if someone is on your Instagram.
A selfie becomes useless if you do not share it with others. This is why 59 percent of Instagram users check their profiles daily mainly to know who viewed their stories, videos, and photographs.
Why tiresome expert for better Instagram outreach
By the end of 2020, nearly 75 percent of the companies in the UK are expected to use Instagram for marketing purposes. More and more people are relying on getting serviced online. This is high time to benefit from Instagram and magnify your reach to the potential audience. In the United Kingdom, more users are hiring the services of social media experts for increasing their number of Instagram followers. This somehow pays back monetarily in near future.
Social media experts could better guide you about how to know who sees your insta profile. And If they can't tell you about the individuals, they can share the grouped data about where your profile is viewed what kind of interest the users stalking you have using the advanced data of Instagram analytics. Related article you'd love to read: Instagram gives you more control over what you see and who you follow.