The world is becoming increasingly digital, and social media sites like TikTok have established themselves as essential tools for creating entertainment and content. TikTok provides a unique platform for users to upload brief videos and interact with their followers, boasting millions of users worldwide. Many users on TikTok ask whether there is a way to see who has visited their profile while they create and share a video.
As of the 2023 update, TikTok has rolled out a new feature to see profile views on TikTok. There are some third-party apps to assist you with how to see profile views on TikTok and how to get more views on TikTok.
In this guide, we'll explore the various methods for viewing your TikTok profile views and some TikTok viewers which allow you to see your profile anonymously.
Can You See Who Viewed Your TikTok Profile?
A new feature on TikTok lets users see who has viewed their profile. TikTok viewer, called profile Views, enables TikTok users to keep track of who is checking out their profile. However, it is available to some users only, but TikTok will add this feature to everyone’s profile.
The Profile Views feature is a part of TikTok's efforts to improve user engagement on the app. It allows users to see who is interested in their content and connect with those viewers. This feature is like the "Who Viewed My Profile" option on other social media platforms like LinkedIn and Facebook.
It only works for public profiles, so private profiles cannot see who has viewed their profile. This feature does not show how often a specific user has viewed a profile.
Overall, the Profile Views feature is a valuable tool for TikTok users interested in building their audience and engagement on the app. It allows them to connect with viewers interested in their content and gain more followers.
Who Can Use TikTok Profile Viewer Feature?
To access the TikTok viewer on your profile, you must fulfill the following prerequisites:
- You must have an active TikTok account.
- You must have the latest version of the TikTok app installed on your device.
- Your TikTok profile must be "public." If you have "private," only your approved followers can view your content, and you won't be able to access the "Who Viewed My Profile" feature.
- You must have generated some activity on your account, such as posting content or engaging with other users. If you're new to TikTok or haven't been active on the app, you may not have access to the feature yet.
- The feature may be available in some regions, so if you're not seeing it in your app, it may be available in your area later.
- You must have fewer than 5,000 followers to access your profile view history.
- Your history of profile views is only visible to you.
- You can only view the past 30 days' profile views.
How To Restrict Who Can See Your TikTok Profile?
TikTok provides several options to control who views your profile. Here are some ways to do it:
Way#01: Set Private Account
You can control who views your profile by setting your account to private. It means only people you approve of as followers can see your content.
Way#02: Block Users
If you have a public account, you can block specific users to prevent them from viewing your profile and content.
Way#03: Remove Followers
You can also remove followers from your public or private account if you no longer want them to have access to your profile.
Way#04: Use Restrict Feature
With the "Restrict" feature, you can restrict a specific user's comments and direct messages without blocking them or removing them as a follower.
Way#05: Limit Duet or Stitch Feature
You can also use the "Duet/React" and "Stitch" features to limit who can use your content in their videos.
How to Know Who Viewed a TikTok profile?
To see who has viewed your TikTok profile, all you have to do is to follow the steps mentioned below.
1. First of all, launch the TikTok app on your smart device. Then, sign in to your TikTok account.
2. Go to your profile page by tapping the profile icon in the bottom right corner of the screen.
3. As soon as you are on your profile page, tap on the three dots in the top right corner of the screen to open the settings menu.
4. From the settings menu, select "Privacy.”
5. Under the “Privacy” option, you will see an option for "Who can view my profile" or “Profile Views.” Tap this option to see a list of users who have viewed your profile in the past 7 or 28 days.
It only shows a list of people who have visited your profile, not specific videos. Also, because it is being introduced gradually, the feature might only be accessible to some TikTok users. The moment you allow profile views in the settings, you can view as:
1. Your profile page will open when you tap the "Me" symbol in the lower right corner of the device’s screen.
2. Look for the notification icon (a bell-shaped object) on your screen. Open your alerts by tapping on them.
3. You'll find a tab titled "Visitor" under the notifications; tap it to view a list of people who have recently viewed your profile.
How to See Profile Views on TikTok using Third-party apps?
Some third-party apps claim to provide a way to see who viewed your profile. Here's how you can view who has seen your TikTok profile using third-party apps
- TikView and the TikTok Profile Viewer are the two best TikTok viewers. Download the app of your choice on your device from the app store.
- After installing the app, use your username and password to access your TikTok account.
- You should grant the third-party app particular permissions, such as access to your TikTok profile, for it to access your TikTok account.
- After entering in and granting the necessary permissions, you should see who has viewed your TikTok profile inside the app. They’ll not show your name but instead, show you as a TikTok viewer anonymously.
Third-party apps that advertise TikTok viewer profiles are not all trustworthy. Using external applications, such as TikTok viewer online free, could jeopardize the security of your account. It's always advisable to use such apps cautiously and only reputable and reliable ones.
Benefits of Knowing Who Viewed TikTok Profiles
Every TikTok creator struggles with how to get more views on TikTok. This feature helps you in different ways to know more about your content strategy. Here are some benefits:
1. Understand Your Audience: By seeing who is viewing your profile, you can gain insights into your audience's demographics, location, and interests. This information can help you create content that resonates with your followers and attracts more followers with similar interests.
2. Build Relationships: It can help you identify your most engaged followers. You can use this information to build relationships with your followers, engage with them, and create a loyal fan base.
3. Measure Success: You can see which videos are performing well and which need to resonate with your audience. You can adjust your content strategy and create more successful videos in the future according to profile views.
4. Identify Potential Collaborators: If you notice that other creators or influencers frequently view your profile, you can reach out and collaborate with them. It can help you grow your following and reach a wider audience.
Pro Level Tip: Buy More Engagement Metrics
"Take care of your engagement rate before your TikTok profile dies. To do that, it is best to take help from Social Followers UK. This company works as a third-party TikTok service provider and holds trust and loyalty".
Conclusion: See Who Has Viewed Your TikTok Account
TikTok viewers and features are best for understanding the audience and trends. You can adjust your content strategy by using TikTok's analytics tools and monitoring your video performance. Remember that creating engaging content is vital to building a following on TikTok, and consistently posting high-quality videos can help increase your reach and attract new followers.
By creating great content and utilizing the available tools, you can make the most of your TikTok experience and know how to get more views on TikTok.
Qudsia Ehtram is a Veteran Content Creator at Digital Aimz and a seasoned creative head at QD Writing Services. She is a ghostwriter of 30 novels for US audiences and holds 27 years of experience under her wings. Cherry on top, she is handling working for a number of brands as a Social Media Consultant.