Reels are one of the most powerful tools on Instagram. They help Instagrammers to boost visibility and reach. It is not wrong to say that when an Instagrammer creates engaging content, the probability of getting more IG views, Instagram story viewers, profile visits, and IG profile viewers increases drastically.
Importance and Vitality of Instagram Reels
Reels have the potential and ability to be seen by millions of people. Also, reels can help you build a larger audience, increase your engagement and boost your profile. With the right strategy, you can use reels to create and share content that will help you grow your profile and make you stand out from the crowd.
Reels also offer a great way to connect with your audience and get your message delivered entertainingly. With the right strategy, you can use reels to increase your reach and drive more engagement for your content.
On What Basis Does Instagram Count IG Views?
A solid social media presence determines how many views your videos get, but many Instagram users need clarification on what constitutes a view on a video post. Here is the 3-second algorithm for the view count.
More Than the 3-Second Algorithm
When a user watches a video for over three seconds, Instagram records that as a view. It highlights that Instagram emphasizes user interaction more than the number of likes and shares a video receives. If a viewer scrolls away after watching the video briefly, it is assumed that they are not interested in the video, and Instagram does not record the view. Hence, the Instagram video views reflect the number of viewers who stayed on the video for over three seconds. Whether the user plays the video with sound on or not, it's advantageous that your video will get one view.
How To Count Views on Instagram Reels?
If you have been creating and posting reels on Instagram for some time, it is possible to check the reach of these reels. By analyzing the insights, one can determine whether to improve the content or continue to post similar content to increase engagement on Instagram.
To check the Instagram reel views count, there are two different ways.
Method 01: Using Instagram Settings
On Instagram, users can view the count of their Reels posts by following a few simple steps.
- First, open the Instagram app and tap over the profile icon in the bottom right corner.
- It will direct you to your profile page, where you will find three icons- a grid, a Reel, and a tag icon- beneath your bio sections.
- Tap on the reel icon in the middle of the screen. It will take you to your reels page.
- To check the view count of a reel, look for the pause symbol with numbers next to it in the bottom left corner.
- The numbers indicate views on reels. Note that these numbers are only visible when you are in the Reels tab of your profile page.
Method 02: Using a Professional Account
Content creators wanting to gain more insights into their reels can benefit from using Instagram's professional account mode. Doing so will give them access to detailed statistical data such as plays, likes, comments, shares, saves, and the reach of their reels. Furthermore, they can ascertain which type of reels generate the most views.
You can convert to a professional account by following these steps.
- Open the Instagram app on your cellphone and click the profile icon at the bottom-right corner.
- Tap the three lines icon at the top right corner and select the 'Settings' option from the list that appears.
- Select the 'Account' option at the bottom of the list and scroll to the end.
- Tap on the option that reads 'Switch to Professional Account.'
- Select your profession from the list and choose either the 'Business' or 'Creator' type from the options.
Method 03: Using Instagram Insights
- You can also use Instagram Insights to check your IG profile and reel views. Here is how.
- Launch the Instagram app.
- At the bottom right corner of the screen, tap on your profile photo to access your profile page.
- Tap the upper right corner of the screen's three horizontal lines.
- From the option that displays, pick "Insights."
- Go to the "Content" section under the "Overview" tab.
- To view your Reels' performance insights, tap "Reels."
- You can view a list of all the Reels you've posted here and information about how many views each one has received.
- The number of likes, comments, saves, and shares each Reel has gotten and details on your audience's involvement and demographics can all be seen in greater depth by tapping on any given Reel.
Method 04: Use Third Party Tools
You can make use of third-party tools and apps on iOS or Android. Other options are to use third-party services on websites. We have mentioned steps to use one of the best third-party websites.
- Search for and select a third-party tool that provides insights for Instagram Reels, such as Hootsuite, Later, or Sprout Social.
- Create an account and sign up for the tool.
- Connect your Instagram account to the tool.
- Once your account is connected, you can access insights and data about your Instagram Reels.
Method 05: Check Notification (Not Reliable)
You will get a notification each time someone sees your Reel. It will contain the username of your Reel's viewer and any interactions (likes, comments, and shares) they had with it. You can estimate your Reel's views by counting your received views.
As some users may have their notifications turned off, this approach may not be as accurate as the others. Also, if you need to count a lot of notifications, this method can take some time. Therefore, use the other techniques listed above to obtain more precise and thorough view counts for your Instagram Reels.
How to Get More Views on Your Reels?
As you all know how to count views on your Instagram Reels, you must also know how to get views on your reels. Here are some points you should keep in your mind while creating a reel
- Create Engaging Content: Ensure your Reels are visually appealing, engaging, and relevant to your audience. Use eye-catching visuals, add music or sound effects, and create content that provides value to your followers.
- Use Relevant Hashtags: Use relevant and popular hashtags in your Reels to make it easier for people to discover your content. You can also create your branded hashtag and encourage your followers to use it.
- Collaborate with Others: Collaborating with Instagram users can help you reach a wider audience. You can collaborate with other creators in your niche or partner with brands to create sponsored content.
- Promote your Reels: Advertise your Videos on other social media channels like Twitter or Facebook. You may share your Reels on Instagram Stories to gain greater exposure.
- Post At the Right Time: Post your content when your audience is most on Instagram. Since you know when your followers are online, you can plan your posts using Instagram Insights.
- Engage with Your Audience: Build relationships with your followers by responding to comments and interacting with them. Your engagement rates will rise, and more people will watch your reels.
Conclusion: How to Know the Number of Views on Instagram Reels?
IG views are an excellent way to measure the success of your content, as they indicate how many users are engaging with it. You can improve your visibility by buying Instagram views and creating interesting content likely to be viewed for over three seconds.
Understanding how Instagram counts views can help you know how many profiles visit Instagram and view your content. You can also get an insight into how many people see your profile, Instagram story viewers, and other metrics like IG profile viewers that can help you increase your visibility on the platform. By taking advantage of these critical features, you can optimize your Instagram profile to reach the right people and get more views.
About the writer
Qudsia Ehtram is a Veteran Content Creator at Digital Aimz and a seasoned creative head at QD Writing Services. She is a ghostwriter of 30 novels for US audiences and holds 27 years of experience under her wings. Cherry on top, she is handling working for a number of brands as a Social Media Consultant.