Brand Ambassador Vs Influencer for Your Social Media Strategy
People mirror your offerings through your brand ambassadors on social media
With your start up at a virtual platform, you work really hard for the efficient performance and recognition of your business. You work on creating influential messages, polishing visuals, and designing the product range for the sake of advertisement. More than 40 per cent of global population utilizes social media sites – Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Snapchat and Twitter. Therefore, you might consider posting your content on social websites for promotion of your brand. Even if you have practised all this stuff, you feel something really missing because such efforts could not necessarily build encouraging perception of your brand. Here comes the role of brand ambassadors and influencers (check out these influencer marketing statistics for business).
All brands from Coca-Cola and McDonalds to Mercedes and General Electronics have been depending upon the celebrity endorsements. Though, people are active on social media but still they look up for some influencer who could guide them in the world of marketing. In today’s world, consumers also crave for authenticity and are motivated to build a personal relationship with the brands. This is why almost every brand is depending on brand ambassador marketing
and influencer marketing
for designing and implementing its social media strategy. But before digging deep into the topic, it is important to see what social media strategy signifies and how it has evolved with time!
Historical context of social media strategy
The word ‘strategy’ have been derived from the literature of wars. Strategy was basically designed before going to the battleground to win over the enemy. This technique proved useful and, thus, it entered into the world of business slowly. Businesses started focusing on the strategy to compete with their rivals so that their product or service could capture huge market share. Under the auspices of COVID-19, more businesses are working on virtual spaces, the formulation of social media influencer marketing strategy
therefore has become imperative. Social media strategy aims at attracting more users to your website and social media network and influencing them to buy your products. Everything has gone digital! The more followers you have on the social media, the more successful you are. Brand ambassadors and influencers
are the contributors for magnetizing the greater number of followers to your business under social media influencer strategy
. Many businesses use these terms interchangeably. Though, both of these tactics advertise your product for attracting new customers and retaining the existing ones, but there exists a clear difference between brand ambassadors and influencers
Brand ambassadors: a concise introduction
In the world of business, there is always one rule: treat your clients in a special way and they would turn to be your ambassadors. In other words, brand ambassadors are the people who are actually in love with your product and ask their friends and acquaintances to try the same. Since the ambassadors are concerned about your brand, they keep on promoting your product range by word-of-mouth. These people can be ordinary folks, celebrities or bloggers. For example, a saloon manager might be impressed by a certain brand’s hair products and might had the view that these were the best hair products ever launched. Such a person would become a credible ambassador for that particular hair product brand. Unlike influencers, the brand ambassadors do not need script to talk about your brand; rather, they promote your brand in conversation with friends and families.
What to expect from a brand ambassador for your marketing strategy?
It is important to know about what to expect from a brand ambassador
- Promotion of your products on social channels
- Complete understanding of the marketing maxims
- Assistance without demands
- Honest feedback
- Social media reviews on your products
- Authentic and enthusiastic approach about your brand across social media platforms
- Innovation and creativity
In summary, brand ambassador social media
works as informal yet influential speaker for your brand.
Social media influencers
Influencers are the people who are capable of influencing purchase decisions of the prospects through various means. Social media influencers
have huge number of followers and they make the best use of social media networks to build a sustained relationship with the masses. Social media influencers may
- Recommend your brand to others in a more impressive way
- Demonstrate while using your brands
- Create effective content for the promotion of your products
- Allocate sufficient time to implement social media principles
- Write articles or blog posts about the features of products
These influencers include celebrities, top-notch professionals across industries and well-reputed bloggers. Your relationship with these influencers is thus short-term as compared to brand ambassadors.
Types of influencers
Categorically, there are three major types of influencers.
- Celebrities and superstars
These types of influencers include social media stars who have extremely huge number of followers. They mainly come from the showbiz and sports circles. People like these celebrities ritually. Many YouTubers and Instagrammers have turned celebrities for their huge following. Cameron Dallas has more than 20 million followers on Instagram. Selena Gomez stands at 150 million followers and Kylie Jenner claims 120 million fans on social media.
These categories of influencers have large number of subscribers, usually between a hundred thousand and one million, with a minimum engagement rate of 5 percent.
These social media influencers
have audiences in the range of a thousand and ten thousand. This category has lowest reach to public as compared to above categories. However, these people have warm relation with their followers and have expertise in their domain such as food, clothing and cosmetics. Micro-influencers comment and reply to the questions of their followers more frequently and it goes to the credit of your brand.
Characteristics of an influencer
Every person who has huge fan and follower base might not be useful as social media influencer for your brand. For example, if your product or service relates to home renovation, you would not hire a clothing fashion blogger. Consider these things while choosing an apt influencer for your brand!
- Influencer’s industry knowledge and expertise
A clothing brand could call for a YouTuber with some stunning dressing ideas for sharing and reviewing the products.
- Greater number of followers in the targeted market
An influencer could have earned good name and reputation in a particular industry, having followers from that specific industry. If your business is in educational domain, you could hire a motivational speaker with huge fan following to promote your services.
- Researching a little about influencer’s interest in your product
Though not essential but researching about the background and focus of the influencer bears weight. If an influencer, by default, loves your product, there will be more convincing power in your influencer.
What to expect from social media influencers? What to expect from influencers
chiefly depends on the social media strategy. According to a report by Digital Marketing Institute, around 50 per cent of consumers feel persuaded by the influencer recommendations. Based upon the recommendations of their favourite blogger, many people carry out buying decisions. As per social surveys, a bit more than 60 per cent consumers intend to buy a product once they see that an influencer is using it by himself or herself. Like bright side, there is always a downside that is hard to ignore. If an influencer is defamed later on, the product demand generated by the influencer might decline.
Difference between brand ambassadors and influencers
- Brand ambassador marketing strategy is based on genuine insights and reviews and the ambassadors usually accentuate the demand for your product by word-of-mouth. The influencer marketing strategy is different. Social media influencers might not be using your products in real life and their insights might not be genuine but they try to convince their audience by actions and demonstrations. They are good actors too!
- The relationship of brand with brand ambassadors is long term as compared to the influencers.
- Brand ambassadors might be getting paid for promotion of your brand, but it is not necessary. The influencers are always paid for promotion of your brand.
- Promoting your product could be a passion for your brand ambassadors. For influencers, on the other hand, it is their responsibility.
- Influencers are selected based on their industry knowledge, number of subscribers and marketing expertise, while ambassadors just love your product and thus keep on endorsing it to others.
A few statistics about influencer marketing
- Tap-Influence reveals that 75 per cent experts prefer influencer marketing strategy
- As per Forrester, more than 70 per cent marketers invest in influencer marketing
- 90 per cent of consumers trust peer approvals
- 74 per cent of the prospect buyers read social media reviews before making a purchase
- 76 per cent consumers trust blogs to define their buying behaviour
- According to the Variety, YouTube stars prove 18 percent more engaging
For capturing greater presence on social media, you need to seek the services of brand ambassadors and influencers
. Creating a network of brand ambassadors is easier. You just need to respect and facilitate your customers. If your product is really good, you will have a number of brand ambassadors. On the other hand, you need to select the influencers based on their industry, knowledge and the number of targeted audiences who follow them. If you want to induct your social media strategy more accurately, socialfollowers.uk is always ready to join hands with you in a professional way.
Keep your influencers activated and see your business revenues going up with the passage of time!