YouTube shorts are not new anymore and have gained enough popularity in the previous year. One thing about social media you cannot deny is that it always comes with new features. Whether it's about the content or providing you with ways to interact with your audience. YouTube shorts is one of them, introduced by YouTube. You havent heard about it? No worries it's not rocket science or not even a completely new thing.
Just like on TikTok you create short-length videos and scroll to the other. This YouTube feature is similar to that and helps you gain targeted views. You have to start working on them as they seem to be 2.5 times more engaging than lengthy content.
Let's dive into why you should create them and how you can benefit from them.
- What Are YouTube Shorts?
- Making YouTube Shorts
- Create YouTube Short on Mobile
- Features of YouTube Shorts
- Upload YouTube Short on Mobile
- Upload YouTube Short on Desktop
- How YouTube Shorts Are Beneficial?
Also Read: YouTube Content Ideas
What Are YouTube Shorts?
YouTube has always been a popular video-sharing platform. Where creators used to upload lengthy videos in horizontal format. Where creators made videos on informational, promotional, and funny topics. Now the platform has introduced YouTube shorts. As the name shows you can upload short-length videos in vertical format. This vertical feature of videos is mobile-friendly. Thats the reason these short-form vertical videos are getting popular on different platforms. You must know about TikTok videos and Instagram reels. Brands and businesses are sharing their content through short videos. Just to keep their audience engage and increase their number of YouTube subscribers.
How to make YouTube Shorts?
Now you must have got the idea of YouTube shorts and if you are wondering how to make a YouTube short? Well, you can either create them from scratch or utilize your existing video that just needs editing. You can use different tactics to leverage your Instagram reels and TikTok videos on YouTube shorts.
Create YouTube Short on Mobile
If you want to create short videos from scratch, all you need is a mobile app and you are good to go.
- Open the YouTube app from your mobile phone and click on the + sign at the bottom of the screen.
- Now click on Create a Short, and itll ask you to give access to your camera, click on Allow Access.
- Simply click on the red button and start recording your YouTube short Videos.
- Although you can record up to 15 seconds by default you can change it to 60 seconds.
- If you want to pause while recording, just click on the red button and then tap it again to record the next segment.
- No matter if you want to create shorts on the topic what are YouTube shorts? This would be a great idea to let others know about this feature.
Features of YouTube Shorts
You can find several editing tools and options on the right side of your screen when you start recording YouTube shorts. These features can help make your video more alluring and creative. Some of them are listed below:
- Add filters to your video to make them stand out.
- If you are using a tripod utilize the timer.
- There is an option of making the speed of your videos slow down and speed up.
- You can also avail green screen feature. That means you can add a picture to the background of your video.
- If you dont like to edit everything one by one just uses the retouch feature.
- Different types of effects are also available including mirrors, fisheye lenses, and more.
- Use flip to choose between the front and back camera.
- You can turn the flash on for a better-quality video.
- The lighting of your YouTube short can also be adjusted.
After you are done recording your video tap on the white check button. Then itll give you the option to preview your video. You can check out how it turned out and can add music or voiceovers. For a description of your video or to tell your audience. You can use text overlays to add text to your videos. After you are done with everything just tap on Next at the top right corner. Now add a caption to your video, and make sure to add an enticing caption to increase YouTube watch time. You can mention in the caption of your video if it's 18+ or not made for kids. Now click on Upload Short and you are done.
Upload YouTube Short on Mobile
If there is already a recorded video on your mobile and you want to upload it directly on YouTube shorts. Follow the below procedure:
- Open the YouTube app and tap on the + sign at the bottom of the screen.
- Choose Upload video.
- Now select any video from the gallery of your mobile. Make sure to choose a video that is less than 60 seconds.
- Now follow all the above procedures and give all the details including the caption, choosing filters, effects, and others.
- Then simply tap on publish and itll be uploaded.
Upload YouTube Short on Desktop
Sometimes people use advanced tools or professional tools. That is available for Desktop users only. So if you want to upload YouTube short videos from your desktop. Keep one thing in mind its procedure is the same as uploading a lengthy video. YouTube will automatically recognize the type of video. For example, if your video is in vertical orientation and its length is short. This will be included in shorts. To upload YouTube shorts on a desktop follow the below steps:
- Go to YouTube.com
- Now click on Create a button that is present in the top right corner.
- Choose a video from your desktop that you want to upload.
- Provide all the details and then publish it.
After getting the idea about YouTube shorts. You must be concerning that how they can impact our business. You might have an idea that the maximum users of YouTube are mobile and they focus on short videos more. So creating YouTube shorts will not only increase views but improve brand awareness also. Also if potential customers find you on YouTube shorts theyll automatically become a subscriber of your long-term content.
Also Read: How to Report YouTube Ads
Urwa-Til-Wusqa is a professional content writer crafting content to boost the game of digital marketing. Using expert SEO practices she can create complex strategies for your social media handles and generate traffic toward your website. Also, she loves to explore and experience new techniques in the world of marketing. Besides, that pencil sketching and cooking are my creative skills.